Wednesday, December 3, 2008

CJ Burke

"That’s not your ring, who the Hell are you?! Don’t you dare say that’s your ring! Give it to me. That’s mine. That’s mine by birthright!” screamed Joe, stressed and exhausted from the last hours.

The dwarf recoiled, still clutching the ring to his little chest. “It’s mine. My father gave it to me.”

The Inspector drew her gun on both of them.

“Stop! Stop it! Give me the ring. Go on, you- throw it on the floor beside me,” she gestured to the dwarf, who looked sideways at Joe, “The two of you, hands on your head. I don’t like the way this is going. I don’t like it one bit.

“You, how do you know this boy?” she asked Joe, nodding towards the child-dwarf.

“I don’t, I’ve never seen him before. I don’t know what he’s doing here” said Joe, tired and wanting this to end.

“Well that’s strange. Everyone knows this face. It’s on every bulletin of every news show. This is C.J. Burke. He’s wanted for....”

No comments: